- Virtual Focus — No in-person Scouting activities will be permitted until August 31, 2020.
- Extended Membership — Scouts Canada will extend memberships for all youth until December 31, 2020 to support continued virtual Scouting and in-person, outdoor activities in the fall. There will be no cost to members associated with this extension.
- New Scouting Year — Registration will re-open in the fall for the start of a new Scouting Year, beginning in January 2021. We will also work to enable new youth members to join Scouts whenever and wherever possible. Registration will continue to offer a 2-week advanced window for existing members.
- New Standards for In-Person Activity — We are developing standards and guidelines to take effect September 1, 2020; they will support our Scouters and ensure our in-person meetings in the fall will follow Provincial health and safety requirements.
- Virtual Scouting — Scouts Canada will develop a comprehensive and robust program to support Section virtual meetings that keep youth active and engaged in Scouting.
Scout in-person meetings cancelled until after May 10th.
By Order of the Premier of Ontario, use permits of school facilities have been cancelled up to and including May 10th, 2020 to interrupt the spread of COVID-19.
We will be looking at options for virtual scout meetings / activities, if this is something that you’d be interested having your child participate, please reply in the comments. In the meantime, stay healthy by keeping active and enforcing social distancing.
Yours in Scouting,